How do I contact you?
Please feel free to contact us by phone at (306) 975-8808, email email@example.com with any questions, concerns or comments about your service during our regular office hours, 8:00-4:30 Monday to Friday (Excluding Statutory Holidays).
How can I pay my ambulance invoice?
We accept cash, interac, cheque, money order, American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa
You may not be responsible for the invoice if you have coverage from one of the agencies listed below. Please call our office at (306) 975-8808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the alternate billing agency information as shown below:
- Social Services (Social Assistance) include your Health Number and program you are covered under
First Nations Inuit Health Branch (Treaty), 10 digit Registration Number and First Nation
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), K Number
- Group Medical Services (Regina) include your Client ID Number
- Saskatchewan Workers Compensation (WCB) include your Claim Number
If your current insurance company is not listed above, we can not direct bill to them. This includes Sask. Blue Cross, Great-West Life, Sun Life, Manulife and all out-of-province insurers.
How much does it cost?
For a provincial resident:
- transport within Saskatoon city limits – $325.00
- transport outside of city limits – Basic Fee of $325.00 plus $2.30 per kilometer
- cancelled calls may be subject to a charge of $150.00; plus $2.30 per kilometer outside of city limits
- wait time $50.00/hour
- seniors pay a maximum of $275.00 – this does not apply to cancelled calls and not all transports are covered – eligibility is determined by the Ministry of Health
For an out of province resident:
- Out of Province Resident Transport Fee is $360.00; plus $3.05 per kilometer